Many brands and content creators alike use Facebook as a key social media marketing platform. Distributing content and engaging with an audience on networks seems to be an easy task at first glance, but as your brand grows, it becomes more challenging to come up with new, creative post ideas regularly.
Unless you have a puppy.
That’s why we’ve come up with over 62 Facebook post ideas to drive engagement, better connect with your audience, and grow your brand community. From polls to pop culture, promotions to puppies, there is something in here for everyone.
Table of contents
- How to create engaging posts for Facebook
- Audience engagement post ideas
- Informative and practical post ideas
- Current events and timely post ideas
- Company and promotional post ideas
How to create engaging posts for Facebook: Tips & trends
Being one of the leading stock photography marketplaces with a 12-year history, Depositphotos knows the recipe for eye-catching and engaging posts on Facebook. creating engaging posts for Facebook. Here are our top tips for
- Create Facebook-specific content: It’s common to share the same content on every platform—quick and easy! But the best Facebook posts are tailored to fit the mindsets and analytical insights of your audience on the Facebook platform—which may be different from Instagram, TikTok, and the like. This will give you the highest chances of engagement.
- Add value: Your Facebook page shouldn’t be a catalog of products or services. It should inspire, educate, entertain, and help your audience. This approach will help you achieve multiple goals, from increasing brand awareness to growing a community and building customer loyalty.
- Diversify Facebook post formats: It’s a social media marketing best practice to vary up what you’re posting about and how. Make use of Facebook’s versatility and create a variety of posts, like:
According to the latest video stats, video remains the most effective digital marketing tool.
- Images with captions
- Animated clips and gifs
- Polls and questionnaires
- Q&A or interviews
- Prioritize visuals: Stats show that over 60% of the world’s population are visual learners. Moreover, our brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text. The most engaging posts on Facebook are attractive and aligned with your visual brand identity. You can start small by choosing relevant photos or videos on stock photography platforms for your posts and even cover photos:
At Depositphotos, we change our cover image out to align with the seasons.
- Post at the right time: We’ve summed up several studies on the best time to post on Facebook. Take a look and choose the approach that works best for you—but only as a starting point. After a few weeks, be sure to check your audience insights to see if you can find any patterns and adjust from there.
Engagement posts for Facebook
Of course, all of your Facebook posts should be engaging, but Facebook engagement posts are those that are created specifically for engagement. These include polls, games, questions, and more. Let’s take a look at some ideas and examples.
Whether you work in tech, fashion, or any other field, Facebook polls are a great way to not only engage with your Facebook followers, but to make decisions. For instance, if you can’t decide on color choices for your packaging or the next topic to cover on your blog, you can create a poll and ask your subscribers to help you choose. By doing so, you’ll learn more about your audience but also show that you care about their opinion.
Let the battle begin! Beach lover vs mountain lovers. Which side are you on?
More Facebook post poll ideas:
- This product or that?
- Would you rather…
- What do you want to see more of?
- Which is your favorite?
- Which topic do you want for the next blog post?
You can also use polls on Instagram to gather intel and drive engagement.
Another engaging Facebook post idea is to play guessing games with your audience. You can devote it to an upcoming launch and warm up your community in advance. Or you can use this format to keep your brand in sight by interacting with your audience.
In the example below, Lenovo shares a picture and challenges its followers to find all seven mini-laptops hidden in it.
There are 7 mini laptops in this picture…can you find them all?
To boost engagement even more, you can reward the game winners with prizes, offers, or discounts from your brand.
More guessing game post ideas:
- Guess the meaning of the word/the word that matches this definition
- Guess which product is yours vs a more expensive alternative
- How many are in this picture
- Guess the price
Ask a question
Question posts can be yes/no, open-ended, multiple-choice, or even rhetorical. While polls are quicker and easier, questions and manual polls allow your followers to share more about themselves and to spark discussions within the post’s comments.
Question post ideas for Facebook:
- Share perspective/opinion, then: Do you agree? What about you?
- Share a favorite then ask “What’s yours?”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received about [relevant topic]?
- If you had to pick ONE [choice], what would it be?
- Ask for recommendations.
Caption this photo
Audiences more often engage with and stay loyal to brands that inspire positive emotions. “Caption this photo” posts can help you achieve that by asking your subscribers to create funny, witty, or unexpected captions related to your brand or team.
Good morning campers! Saturday challenge for you – BEST CAPTIONS PLEASE!!
Caption this photo post ideas:
- Funny pictures from the office
- Employee pets
- Photos taken of customers at your location
- Photos representing the problems your product/service solves.
Informative & practical Facebook post ideas
Of course, not every post you publish on Facebook should require audience participation—you don’t want to exhaust your followers and it won’t look good to have a post up with no answers. Useful and practical posts, on the other hand, can get unsolicited comments and also tend to get shared more.
Show that you’re on top of your industry by sharing share blog posts, Youtube videos, or custom cards on industry trends. As we mentioned above, this content should be visually appealing so as to catch your audience’s attention and encourage them to read.
More industry trend Facebook post ideas:
- Curate news or thought leadership articles relevant to your industry, or create your own.
- Do a Facebook Live with an influencer or share an interview write-up.
- Share a weekly or monthly roundup of blog posts, updates, or resources relevant to your audience.
Similar to trends, insights gathered from data and studies also make great Facebook post content. Turn a compelling stat into a bite-sized visual and share it with a link to the full report. You can do this with your own reports or with others in your industry.
Tips, tutorials & how-tos
This type of content should be the bulk of your content strategy anyway—as it builds trust and shows your expertise—so you should have plenty of it! You can create videos, cards, and links to blog posts.
Ideas for tip, tutorial, and how-to Facebook posts:
- Everything you need to know about [topic] in one minute (video post)
- Five-minute tutorial series
- One minute tip of the day
- Product shortcuts, how-to’s, and troubleshooting
- Mistakes to avoid
Engaging Facebook post ideas about current events
Sharing content relevant to your industry is paramount to social media marketing for businesses, but you can always find ways to connect news and events outside of your niche, with your niche.
Popular topics attract attention and also demonstrate that you’re on the same page with your audience and in the know of things on their agenda.
World events that can inspire engaging Facebook posts:
- Sport events like the Superbowl, Olympics, Masters, etc.
- International and national days like World Peace Day, International Beer Day, etc. (see the ultimate list of social media holidays here).
- Causes like climate change, fighting cancer, and more.
The same story goes for videos, blog articles, and memes related to pop culture—especially if you use hashtags. These posts can expand your reach, attract more followers, and engage your existing audience in discussion.
Pop culture topics for Facebook posts:
- Generational trends
- Social change
- Books, movies, songs
- Viral videos
- Famous figures
Holidays & occasions
An essential part of your Facebook content plan should be posts devoted to holidays and special occasions. People love to celebrate, and you can spread the feeling of cheerfulness and joy by congratulating them on holidays, or providing them with thematic content (be it a blog post, insightful stats, cards, or video).
Holiday Facebook post ideas:
Don’t miss our holiday Facebook post ideas here!
- Gift guides
- Announcements of your promos and deals
- Customer appreciation posts
- Inspiring stories
- The plain and simple customer greeting
- Advent calendar
An Advent-themed Facebook campaign like the one above by us at Depositphotos is a great way to engage with your customers, encourage more sales, and attract new followers.
Engaging Facebook post ideas about your company
Last but not least are Facebook post ideas about your company. In the world of social media marketing, you don’t want every post to directly promote your business, so keep a balance and be sure to add value through these posts as much as possible.
When announcing product updates, share a video tutorial, clarifying caption, and a link to the blog post or page sharing more details. These posts give you the opportunity to answer all the critical questions about the updates and deliver the information in a simple format. For your audience, a post like this is something they can save and quickly access in case any questions arise.
More product update Facebook post ideas:
- Run a teaser series before the announcement.
- Post a video of your product manager announcing the update.
- Share three things your customers can do with the new feature.
Invite your community to celebrate your milestones with you. Not only will they feel valued, but you can increase brand awareness and maybe even get some new brand advocates on your side.
Milestone Facebook post ideas:
- nth employee or nth customer
- Reached 100, 1,000, etc. followers
Is event marketing in your strategy? Facebook is the right platform to communicate with your audience on the topic. You’ll want to create a Facebook event to allow people to subscribe and follow all the updates, but you should still continue posting announcements, invites, and reminders on your business page.
Event Facebook post ideas:
- Create an invitation graphic
- Create a countdown series
- Share custom visuals in line with the event’s theme
- Share photos from the last event
Not only do customer success stories build trust and help to convert prospects into customers, but they also help to build a community around your brand.
Testimonial Facebook post ideas:
- Share screenshots of customer reviews
- Post a one-minute case study video
- Share a short Q&A with your customer
- Publish a full testimonial video
When in doubt, turn to #cutenessoverload
All the tips shared above require some preparation and time. But what if you run out of Facebook post ideas, get swamped with urgent tasks, forget to schedule a publication, or all of the above?
We’ve all been there, and there’s a quick solution. At Depositphotos, we jokingly call it “cuteness overload.” You need to find the funniest, most endearing, or tear-jerking visual you can, come up with a relatable caption, and share it! Audiences love this type of content because it boosts their mood and distracts them from everyday tasks.
Use these Facebook post ideas to increase engagement
These Facebook post ideas have helped us here at Depositphotos to grow our brand community, spread awareness about our products, and increase sales. To bring results, many of them required brand marketing team resources to develop an effective strategy and commission creative content for Facebook. Although creating truly engaging posts for Facebook might seem like a time-consuming task, your effort will pay you off in the long term.
About the author
Maria Sibirtseva is the Content Team Lead at Depositphotos where she works on creative projects, curates content production, and manages the copywriting department.
What is an engagement post on Facebook examples? ›
What does engagement mean on Facebook? Facebook engagement is any action someone takes on your Facebook Page or one of your posts. The most common examples are reactions (including likes), comments and shares, but it can also include saves, viewing a video or clicking on a link.What are the most engaging Facebook posts? ›
- Behind-the-Scenes. If you're an influencer or run a business account, consider a behind-the-scenes Facebook post. ...
- Ask questions. A great way to connect with your followers is to ask them questions. ...
- Tell stories. ...
- Customer Reviews and Testimonials. ...
- Videos. ...
- Polls. ...
- Blog posts. ...
- Contests and giveaways.
Use the Facebook post maker to create engaging Facebook posts. Simply select a static or animated template in the Facebook post template gallery. Customize the elements to match your brand or message. Add any type of design element you like to make it stand out and download as an image, GIF or video.How do you write engaging content on Facebook? ›
- Post Content that Interests Your Customers. ...
- Post a Variety of Content. ...
- End Every Post With a Question. ...
- Don't Post Too Frequently. ...
- Allow Fans to Write on Your Wall. ...
- Don't Share Twitter Posts on Your Facebook Page.
- Fill in the blank. Fill in the blanks draw engagement because they set up the reader with most of the answer - all they have to do is pop in their own thought at the end. ...
- Caption This. ...
- Ask For Opinions. ...
- Polls. ...
- Questions. ...
- Location Based Posts. ...
- Host Live Video or Twitter Chat.
The analysis found music and television rank as the No. 1 and No. 2 most popular topics, respectively, on both Facebook and Twitter. Creating and sharing content concerning celebrities, software, holidays, films, and business is also extremely popular on both social networks.What should I post to get attention? ›
Post short videos — According to HubSpot, statistics show that social media posts containing video get nearly 50% more views than non-video posts, and video posts on Facebook see roughly 65% more engagement than posts without video.What is the most popular post on Facebook? ›
|Rank||Post Link||Content Viewers|
- #1 A peek behind the scenes. ...
- #2 Ask a question. ...
- #3 Share an inspirational quote. ...
- #4 Post a tutorial. ...
- #5 Make people laugh. ...
- #6 Conduct an AMA. ...
- #7 Host a contest or giveaway. ...
- #8 Enlist an influencer.
- Understand your audience. ...
- Don't overthink it. ...
- Pick a theme and an exciting topic. ...
- Always keep your audience, theme and topic in mind. ...
- Pick your headline wisely. ...
- Write a strong intro. ...
- Get writing and organise your content. ...
- Get the length right.
What are examples of engaging content? ›
- Interactive Quizzes.
- Interactive Infographics.
- Surveys and Polls.
- Interactive Calculators.
- Interactive E-books.
- Interactive Emails.
Keep it Real, and Relevant
In conclusion, it's important that your posts provide an authentic representation of your brand and engage your audience in a way that shows you understand them and their needs. Be clear and direct, use photos and videos, include a call to action, and link back to your website when relevant.
Contests and other giveaways are great social media engagement posts. After all, people love to win free stuff, and they'll have fun trying to win. Contests or giveaways are an excellent way to increase engagement and have people talking about your brand.What type of content performs best on Facebook 2022? ›
There's no disputing it: video is the champion of all content on Facebook. In fact, video performs better than any other form of content on the platform. Videos are incredibly engaging, they promote interaction, and they're highly shareable.What are the 4 types of engagement? ›
- Contextual engagement.
- Engagement of convenience.
- Emotional engagement.
- Social engagement.
Facebook has quite a lot of features but its main features are the Newsfeed where the user see contents from his Facebook friends and pages he follows; Messenger for messaging; Timeline where it shows the user's information and content posted or shared; the Wall, a space for the user's content; and Events where user ...What is the most comments on Facebook? ›
The record for the number of comments on a single Facebook item is 1,001,552. It is almost double the previous record and was set over the course of three months. A new record has been set for the most comments on a single Facebook item: over 1 million responses.What are the most popular topics? ›
- Tiktok Ads. 5-year search growth: 99x+ ...
- Digital Twin. 5-year search growth: 212% ...
- Side Hustle. 5-year search growth: 900% ...
- Prime Gaming. 5-year search growth: 7,600% ...
- Cat Toothpaste. 5-year search growth: 104% ...
- Brightwheel. ...
- Vitamin C Serum. ...
- Drunk Elephant.
- Case Studies. A case study is a type of original research that is unique content type in that it conveys specific information about a brand's successes/failures. ...
- Infographics. ...
- Memes. ...
- Book Reviews. ...
- Videos. ...
- Guides. ...
- Opinion Posts. ...
- Personalized Content.
- #1 Ask your followers a question.
- #2 Behind the scenes shots.
- #3 Record a tutorial.
- #4 Highlights of a fun DIY project.
- #5 Talk about what you're reading or watching.
- #6 Showcase your outfit.
- #7 Host a contest or giveaway.
How do I get my post noticed? ›
- Upload Only Your Best Photos. Take a look at the people that you follow on Instagram. ...
- Pick a Niche. ...
- Have Your Own Aesthetic. ...
- Use Hashtags Wisely. ...
- Don't Post Too Often. ...
- Interact With Your Community. ...
- Use Instagram Stories to Get Your Photos Seen. ...
- Post Multiple Images at Once.
I recommend making your first post a combination of text and rich media—either a photo or video. The idea here is to not only introduce your business to your new audience, but to also provide something that fans will want to engage with and tell their friends about.What is a good first post on a Facebook page? ›
- Write a welcome post: You want to convince your audience to like and follow you. ...
- Pin your welcome post: After you create your welcome post, you can pin it to the top of your Page so that it's the first thing people see when they visit.
The most-liked post as of February 2023 is a carousel of Argentine footballer Lionel Messi and his teammates celebrating the 2022 FIFA World Cup win at Lusail Stadium in Lusail, Qatar, which has been liked by over 75 million different accounts.What are 4 ways to be more creative? ›
- Start with a morning freewrite.
- Take a creative course.
- Brainstorm while you exercise.
- Travel to other places.
- Channel your inner child.
- Join a coworking space.
- Incorporate breaks into every work day.
- Connect with creative people.
- Draw, paint, doodle, watercolor. ...
- Do something physical. ...
- Embrace boredom. ...
- Watch a TED talk or listen to a podcast. ...
- Generate way more ideas than you think you actually need. ...
- Make time for play. ...
- Journal. ...
- Try a new recipe.
- Less Text, More Video. ...
- Get Your Own Photos Taken. ...
- Repurpose Your Evergreen Content. ...
- Share Customer Testimonials & Reviews. ...
- Search For The Latest Visual Trends. ...
- Host Competitions.
Here are examples of creative writing:
Novels. Short stories. Poetry. Plays.
Fiction (novels, novellas, and short stories) Songs. Speeches. Memoirs.How do you write a post example? ›
- Address a compelling topic. ...
- Come up with a great post title. ...
- Outline your post. ...
- Explain your connection to the topic. ...
- Use a clear layout. ...
- Write from the heart. ...
- Propose solutions. ...
- Consider search engine optimization.
How do I make my social posts more engaging? ›
- Post Content Worth Engaging With. ...
- Respond to All Comments. ...
- Encourage Readers to Comment, Like, and Share. ...
- Start a Facebook Group. ...
- Run Contests and Giveaways. ...
- Use Images in Every Post. ...
- Get More Followers. ...
- Ask a Question.
- Don't write a too much longer post. It's important to understand the requirement of them who are watching and following your posts. ...
- Tell people clearly what to do. ...
- Share updated information. ...
- Don't be negative. ...
- Attach a Picture.
Provide Unique Content
The foundation of any brand on social media is content — ideally, quality branded content in both video and photo form. The content you put out should be new and refreshing; it should provide value to your audience and provide insight into you, your business, your story and your team.
Images. Good images or video definitely increase engagement, and they endear your brand to customers. They can also keep customers from quickly swiping past your post and missing your message. Advantages: Visual content is much more digestible and engaging than long-form blogs and articles.What is an example of content on social media? ›
What do we mean when we say social media content? Social media content is pretty much anything you share on social media, whether it's a text update, a photo, graphic, video, link, etc.What is a good first post? ›
- Introduce Yourself.
- Share Your 'Why”
- Add an Attention-Grabbing Photo or Video. Choosing a Picture-Perfect Photo. Connect To Your Audience With Video.
- Use a Witty Instagram Caption.
- Add Hashtags In Your First Comment.
- Use Instagram Stories to Drive Users To Your First Post.
- Product Posts.
- Engagement Posts.
- News / Trending Posts.
- Promotion of Blog Posts.
- Stock Photograph Posts.
- Screenshot Posts.
- You're engaged! ...
- Congratulations on this exciting time in your lives!
- Well, this is BIG news! ...
- I hope your future together is filled with infinite happiness, laughter, and love.
- This is the beginning of your happily ever after. ...
- Yass! ...
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom.
- Here's to love and laughter and happily ever after.
- Pop the bubbly, I'm getting a hubby!
- You. Me. Oui.
- Two fewer fish in the sea.
- It's official … I'm marrying my best friend.
- Engaged sure does have a ring to it.
- Thank God I swiped right!
- Life just got a lot more sparkly.
Good examples of employee engagement include employees showing up to work with a sense of purpose, a deep commitment to the organization, dedication to performing well, a collaborative attitude, good communication with co-workers and leaders, and the ability to give and receive feedback positively.
How do you write an engagement caption? ›
- Still on cloud nine.
- Soooo this happened.
- Best surprise ever.
- I feel complete.
- Forever and then some.
- I never want to stop making memories with you.
- My whole heart for my whole life.
- The best day of my life.
Congratulations, wishing you all the best together." "May this engagement be the beginning of everlasting happiness and commitment to one another." "It's a truly wonderful thing that you have found each other. All the best with your wedding plans."What are engagement posts for social media? ›
Social media engagement can include likes, comments and shares, but varies by platform. For example, on Facebook, engagement means all possible ways of interacting with a Page's posts and profile, messages and mentions, all added together.What are some engagement quotes? ›
- “Here's to your engagement! ...
- “Cheers on your engagement!”
- “Here's to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love.”
- “Cheers to the two of you…and to the love you share!”
- “May your engagement be happy. ...
- “A toast to your engagement! ...
- “Here's to the wonderful two of you! ...
- “Celebrating your engagement!
The best times to post on Facebook are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Skip posting on Saturdays, as it is the day of the week with the lowest engagement, according to Sprout Social's data.What is high engagement post? ›
A high engagement rate (ER) means your audience is genuinely interacting with your content and the quality of your posts are high. Brands want to be reassured that your sponsored content will resonate with your followers, engage high volumes of their customers and drive them to action.Why are engagement posts important on social media? ›
Activity and engagement is crucial for every social platform to build a positive brand experience, and develop meaningful relationships with new and potential future customers. Social media engagement is measured by a range of metrics that could include the following: Shares or retweets. Comments.What are the 5 Areas of engagement? ›
- Go to a sporting event or new brewery in town as a company outing.
- Order pizza for the whole company on a Friday.
- Go paintballing or bowling.
- Visit an escape room.
- Host a scavenger hunt.
- Bring in a cool speaker for a lunch-and-learn.
- Use Your Pet to Break the News. Instagram / @theproposers. ...
- Get Inked. Instagram / @oliviajade_attwood. ...
- Get the Family Involved. Paint My Dreams. ...
- PDA On the Day. Instagram / @kourtneykardash. ...
- Classic Engagement Selfie. ...
- Post the Actual Proposal. ...
- The Ring Finger. ...
- Hubby or Wifey Jumpers.